Am I a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
Published on August 19, 2020 by Andrew Barnett
Are you interested in undergoing a tummy tuck procedure (also known as an abdominoplasty), but not sure if you’re a good fit for the surgery? Dr. Barnett sees many patients interested in Tummy Tucks, either alone or with a simultaneous breast procedure of liposuction (the “Mommy Makeover”). Based on his extensive experience he’s “Seen it all and heard it all”. One of the common questions he receives is, “Am I a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck?”
We’ve got the answers you’ve been looking for. Take a look at the six signs you’re a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.
*Individuals Results May Vary
5 Signs You’re a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck
1. You have a stomach pooch, especially between your belly button and your pelvic region. This pooch is usually a sign of abdominal damage, which can be caused by pregnancy, childbirth, or just getting older.
2. You’re doing all the right things with diet and exercise, but that tire of fat around your stomach isn’t going anywhere. That’s because diet and exercise won’t actually affect the underlying problem – damaged abdominal muscles that are essentially “pushed” out. The only way to get rid of that tummy pooch is to have a plastic surgeon put the abdominal muscles back where they belong.
3. You’ve recently lost a lot of weight, and you have excess skin hanging down over your pelvic region. A tummy tuck can help get rid of that excess skin, as well as repair any abdominal muscles that may have been damaged as a result of weight fluctuations.
Tummy Tuck Consultations Available
4. You’re a healthy individual with a good medical history. You should not be on any blood-thinning medications, or at least be able to stop taking those medications before your surgery.
5. You’re not planning on having additional children. Pregnancy stretches muscles and skin and can undo the tummy tuck
6. You should have realistic expectations for the outcome of your cosmetic surgery. You should also be willing to commit to following your plastic surgeon’s post-op recovery plan.
“Dr Barnett and his team are kind, thorough, attentive and invested in your choices. Dr Barnett is an artistic expert who made my lifelong body revision wish come true! So happy and thankful!” *
Take the Next Step – Schedule a Consultation
To learn if you’re a good candidate for a tummy tuck, or to schedule your consultation with Dr. Barnett at either his San Francisco or Walnut Creek office, click here or call (415) 879-8735.