The cost of your operation is just one of many factors in deciding about surgery. You should know in advance all costs involved with the procedure you are considering. When you meet with our Patient Counselor, she will provide you with a detailed explanation of what to expect.
At your consultation you will receive a written surgical fee quotation. This includes:
- The professional fee that Dr. Barnett charges.
- The cost for the operating room facility and any special equipment.
- The overnight stay in the hospital if this is planned.
- The charge for the private duty nurse, if you elect to have this service.
- The professional fee charged by the anesthesiologist if we plan to use an anesthesiologist at your surgery.
There are a few additional costs, for laboratory tests and prescription medications. We do not give you a quote for these items as they generally cost less than $100, and may be covered by your medical insurance.
The fee for the initial consultation is due the day of your consultation. If surgery is scheduled, the consultation fee will be applied to your surgical fee.
If you elect to schedule surgery, a $1,000 deposit is required to reserve time on Dr. Barnett’s schedule. We do not accept credit cards for the $1,000 deposit, although you may use a credit card to pay for the initial consultation and for the balance of your surgical fee. Until the $1,000 deposit is received, we cannot reserve the time you request. Cancellation of surgery more than four weeks in advance of the surgery will result in a full refund of your deposit. Cancellations less than four weeks prior to surgery will result in a forfeit of the $1,000 deposit or 10% of the full surgical fee, whichever is greater, regardless of actual damages resulting from your cancellation.
The balance of your surgical fee is due in our office two weeks prior to your surgery date. If we do not receive the final payment by this date, and we do not hear from you, we will assume that you wish to cancel surgery. Of course, we will try very hard to reach you prior to canceling any surgery! We accept the following forms of payment:
- Traveler’s Checks
- Personal Checks (Must be received two weeks prior to surgery)
- Cashier’s Checks
- Visa, MasterCard, and American Express (Cannot be used for surgery deposit).
Checks which are returned for insufficient funds or closed accounts may be subject to a return check fee as allowed by California Law.